Part Time Children’s Ministry Team Leader
Title: Children’s Ministry Team Leader, immediate opening
Reports to: Outreach Team Leader
Required Credentials: Team building success, Christian witness, proficiency with children and parents
Compensation: Part time $25,000/year, hours negotiable for 25 hours
To be considered: Our Application Process
- Submit a 2-page paper on your *philosophy of ministry around family/children in the church and community. * a philosophy of ministry takes a child from birth through 6th grade with focus on spiritual, social, and family growth through the church’s unique gifts to the world, including but not limited to reasoning and activities behind and included in the steps.
- Submit your Christian faith journey.
- Submit at least 3 references around your experience working with families and children.
- Submit a resume reflecting this job description.
- Submit either DiSC or Myers Briggs results or be willing to take inventory.
- Send all the above to email@example.com
- A team member will acknowledge your complete application
Objective: The Children’s Ministry Team Leader finds focus in Westwood UMC’s 2020 vision to help foster Spiritual Growth through Faith Led Development for children and families, as well as to assist with intentional youth/child and family outreach. This person will oversee the Christian education program and develop a weekday ministry to and with families and children. The main goal is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship, grow, and serve at Westwood UMC from a young age.
8 Core Principles to Westwood Ministry Positions
- Gospel focused in a Wesleyan theological understanding.
- Transformation, not stagnation, of individuals and ministry.
- Team approach to ministry through scouting, training, vision casting, and release with support.
- Able to work with all staff in a professional manner.
- Familiar with use of social media as a staff member of WUMC and growing use of such.
- Pursuit of excellence in all aspects of life.
- Responsibility for church growth and support of the church vision.
- Continued enhancement of skills and knowledge.
- A commitment and love of Christ and a calling to a complete and healthy children’s ministry within the church and community that ministers to all and is exciting for children, who will want to return.
- Actively involved in Worship, Grow (small group, spiritual disciplines), and Serve.
- Positive Role Model, Christian Character, and practicing spiritual disciplines.
- Development of ministry teams in and for various ministries for nursery – 6th graders.
- Teachable and growing in personal development with plan agreed to by Senior Pastor.
- Eagerness to lead and self-motivated in planning, creating, and implementing programs though teams while working with the staff on church-wide efforts
- Strong oral, written, and media communication skills.
- Gifts in organization and administration a plus.
- Live within a reasonable distance to primary ministry area of the church.
- Requires passing a background and drug check.
- Work with appropriate church members and leaders to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs, promote, and coordinate calendar.
- Oversee areas of Children’s Ministry with a focus on discipleship including but not limited to transformational curriculum and programs like mentoring, family support, etc.
- Provide leadership to the educational ministry of the church, including identifying gifts of leaders and promoting their involvement.
- Empower parents and grandparents to be involved with the faith development of their family.
- Oversee the development of a budget and order supplies and curriculum.
- Scout, recruit, support, and provide training for teams, teachers and assistants, nursery for all aspects of ministry.
- Teach and follow all church policies including Safe Sanctuary to all servants.
- Supervise age-level education ministries including nursery, preschool, and elementary such as: Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Kingdom Club, VBS in a Box, etc.
- Help plan and recruit volunteers for special programs such as Jesus’ Birthday Party, Breakfast in Bethlehem, Egg-stravaganza, and Trunk or Treat.
- Work with Community Outreach Team for large children’s outreach events such as Day Camp, I Love Westwood, Upward, Club 56, and our partnership with Westwood Elementary.
- Other duties as needed.
Position details: Part time, salaried, to start ASAP
Salary: $25,000 with reimbursable account of $2500 in children’s budget
Accountability: Children’s Ministry Team Leader is accountable to Westwood UMC’s SPRC committee and would report to Outreach Team Leader.