Student Ministry Team Leader, salaried
Westwood United Methodist Church
3460 Epworth Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
Church Size: 450, urban-suburban, west side
Full-Time, benefits (vacation, pension, continuing education, medical), some moving expense provided if needed
Salary range: $43,000-49,000 based upon experience
Education: college graduate, preferred in a related field of ministry
OBJECTIVE/GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide, along with a team of adults and youth, programming and relational ministry to youth and young adults. The aim is to reach current and future students of diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds through the creation and implementation of a system of clubs, recreation, small groups, fun, faith, mentoring, and work in the vision of Westwood United Methodist Church.
SUPERVISION: The Student Ministry Team Leader will report to the Senior Pastor.
CORE VALUES OF WUMC:
- Gospel focused in a Wesleyan theological understanding
- Transformation, not stagnation of individuals and ministry
- Team approach to ministry through scouting, training, vision casting and release
- Able to work with support staff
- Familiar with use of social media and growing use of other media
- Pursuit of excellence
- Responsibility for church growth and support of the church vision
- Continued enhancement of skills and knowledge
Team building: Build teams, view them as essential, and work with adults and youth weekly in order to champion their leadership skills and vision for working with youth from 7th grade to post high school. Will grow and welcome new students and families through this ministry to the life of the church.
Leadership: Create a system which will develop team leaders who will then recruit others to assist them to grow the ministry with, for and to students and their families.
Communication: Provide systematic communication with families, students, staff (paid and unpaid). Develop relationships with the Church, schools, and the community which convey the vision and substance of our student ministry.
Teaching: Create age-appropriate settings to worship, teach and experience the Gospel’s breath, measured by students who are able to communicate with others and live as disciples of Jesus Christ within the church and their culture. Help students understand how to have a relationship with Christ in the present and in the future.
To create a safe, friendly, welcoming environment for all, they often do special events to pray the sick and the ones in need, many personas with different conditions come to feel better and with more faith. In this website you’ll see more about mental disease and how to manage it with the love of your family, faith and positiveness https://homecareassistance.com/blog/the-real-truth-about-alzheimers-disease.
Exhibit excellent conflict management skills and discipline.
Work with the paid and unpaid staff of Westwood United Methodist in a professional and supportive manner indicative of the role of a senior staff member.
Additional assignments as designated by the Senior Pastor.
Take criticism and offer ideas with grace
Be flexible, and willing to help out as needed
Actively engaged in becoming more like Christ
▪ Work Ethic: Show an urgency to reach multiple groups of youth and young adults through the flexibility of the Gospel using strategic plans, teams, and scheduling, as reported to the Senior Pastor.
▪ Education: Continue growing in personal and work goals as agreed upon by Senior Pastor.
▪ Life: Demonstrate a deep relationship with Jesus, a balanced life and work ethic.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Sincere call to reach current and future students of all ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds with creative methods and faith.
▪ Ability to lead and build teams of paid and unpaid adults and youth for this objective.
▪ Ability to create, implement, and oversee programs, activities, and events to help
teens and young adults grow in faith, learn more about worship, and become more
involved in the church and the community as Christian disciples.
▪ Excellent communication skills and technology savvy: i.e. computer skills, use of church data system, web and other communication methods as well as verbal.
▪ State a commitment to the doctrine and vision of the United Methodist Church
Provide personal introduction and discuss your call to student ministry.
Provide resume with experience, education
Provide contact information for 3 work references (must accompany application)
Provide past two years of continuing education: conference attendance, books, podcasts subscribe too, etc. that were beneficial to you in your work.
To apply: Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org