Westwood United Methodist Church is hiring a Children’s Team Leader. This person will build teams to help children and families know the love of God and have a great time learning, living and being all the God wants for their lives. Below is the job description for your review. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions may be directed to the church office at 513.661.3139.
Title: Children’s Ministry Team Leader
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Required Credentials: Administrative experience, College degree
Compensation: Full time designed for 40-50 hours a week
Status: Full time exempt
Objective: The Children’s Ministry Team Leader finds focus in Westwood UMC’s 2020 vision to help foster Spiritual Growth through Faith Led Development for children and families, as well as to assist with intentional youth/child and family outreach. This person will oversee the Christian education program and develop a weekday ministry to and with families and children. The main goal is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship, grow, and serve at Westwood UMC from a young age.
8 Core Principles to Westwood Ministry Positions
1. Gospel focused in a Wesleyan theological understanding
2. Transformation, not stagnation of individuals and ministry
3. Team approach to ministry through scouting, training, vision casting and release
4. Able to work with all staff in a professional manner
5. Familiar with use of social media as a staff member of WUMC and growing use of such
6. Pursuit of excellence in all aspects of life
7. Responsibility for church growth and support of the church vision
8. Continued enhancement of skills and knowledge
• A commitment and love of Christ and a calling to a complete and healthy children’s ministry within the church and community that ministers to all and is exciting for children.
• Actively involved in Worship, Grow (small group, spiritual disciplines), and Serve
• Positive Role Model, Christian Character and practicing spiritual disciplines
• Development of ministry teams in and for various ministries
• Teachable and growing in personal development.
• Eagerness to lead and is self-motivated in planning, creating, and implementing programs though teams while working with the staff on church-wide efforts
• Strong oral, written and media communication skills
• Gifts in organization and administration a plus
• Live within a reasonable distance to primary ministry area of the church
• Requires passing a background and drug check
Skills and Qualifications
• Working with appropriate church members and leaders to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs, promotion and coordinate calendar.
• Overseeing areas of Children’s Ministry with a focus on discipleship including but not limited to transformational curriculum and programs like mentoring, family support, etc.
• Providing leadership to the educational ministry of the church, including identifying gifts of leaders and promoting their involvement.
• Empower parents and grandparents to be involved with the faith development of their family.
• Oversee the development of a budget and ordering supplies and curriculum.
• Scout, recruit, support, and provide training for teams, teachers and assistants, nursery for all aspects of ministry.
• Teach and follow Safe Sanctuary policies.
• Supervise age-level education ministries including nursery, preschool & elementary such as: Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Kingdom Club, VBS in a Box,
• Help plan and recruit volunteers for special programs such as Jesus’ Birthday Party, Christmas Craft Fair, Eggs-travaganza, and Trunk or Treat.
• Work with Community Outreach Team for large children’s outreach events such as Day Camp, I love Westwood, Upward, Club 56 and in our partnership with Westwood Elementary.
• Other duties as needed
Position details: Full time, salaried to start May 1 – July 1, 2017
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 includes pension and reimbursable account
Accountability: Children’s Ministry Team Leader is accountable to Westwood UMC’s SPRC committee and would report to the Senior Pastor.
To be considered: Our Application Process
1. Submit a 2-page paper on your *philosophy of ministry around family/children in the church and community. * a philosophy of ministry takes a child from birth through 6th grade with focus on spiritual, social and family growth through the church’s unique gifts to the world. Including but not limited to reasoning and activities behind and included in the steps.
2. Submit your testimony.
3. Submit 5 references around your experience working with families and children.
4. Submit a resume reflecting this job description
5. Send all the above to email@example.com
6. A team member will acknowledge your complete application.